This documentation is distributed under new BSD licenses restricting.
Copyright (c) 2006, Benjamin B King
All rights reserved.
AAOO(Accessibility Add-on of OpenOffice.org) is a plug-in of OpenOffice.org office suit, which is used for checking a ODT document for accessibility, and is easy to use as a spell checker.
Accessibility has generally been defined as usability or "ease of use" for disabled users.
¨¹ It¡¯s POWERFUL
Documents can not only be checked whether certain accessibility features. But also, according to the check results guide users to make the Document more accessibly, step-by-step.
Every user will get different User Interface, which is in the language the user speaking.
¨¹ Easy to use
AAOO is a plug-in to OpenOffice.org, one of the most powerful Office suit and the ODF filetype creater. It¡¯s very easy to use, just as the spell checker, guide you step-by-step.
¨¹ It¡¯s portable
you can run AAOO anywhere, no matter MS Windows, Linux even MacOS. Thanks to Java and OpenOffice.org.
¨¹ UI is Accessibly
Each component of the user interface has been added Accessibility attributes. For users with physical disabilities, Accessibility to use their own tools (as long as it is consistent with the relevant accessibility API) are accessible using the software.
¨¹ JAVA SDK 1.5.0 or higher
¨¹ NetBeans 5.5 or higher
¨¹ OpenOffice.org 2.0 or higher
1. download jdk-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-p.exe.
2. run jdk-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-p.exe.
3. Whether or not to accept the license, choose to accept.
4. Select installation path. It¡¯s a good idea that the install path contains no space.
5. I usually install JDK to e:\java\jdk1.5.0 .
6. Click the button next.
7. Next you will see the JDK installation procedures are busy copying files.
8. Install Java runtime environment. I usually put them in E:\java\jre .
9. Select the browser to registration.
10. Installing JRE,copying files.
11. Install success.
1. Download netbeans-5_5-windows.exe .
2. Run netbeans-5_5-windows.exe .
3. Start installing NetBeans 5.5.
4. Whether accept the terms in the license agreement.
5. Select the path to install. I usually put them in E:\NetBeans-5.5.
6. Select JDK. Must be version 1.5.0 or later.
7. Installation information confirmed.
8. Copying files.
9. Install Success.
1. Download OOo_2.0.4_Win32Intel_install.exe.
2. Run OOo_2.0.4_Win32Intel_install.exe.
3. Start installing OpenOffice.org.
4. Select the folder in which to save the unpacked files.
5. Unpacking Files.
6. Welcome to OpenOffice.org.
7. whether accept to the terms in the license agreement.
8. Enter your customer information.
9. Chooice the setupup type.We select the Custom type, in order we could change the path to install.
10. Change the folder where to install. I usually install to e:\OOo\
11. Select the filetypes for which you want OpenOffice.org 2.0 to be the default application.
12. Installation information confirmed.
13. Copying files.
14. Install success.
Note: it¡¯s option to install the Ooo SDK. Without it, you could complite and run AAOO, however, it provide many useful document and Javadoc.
1. Download OOo-SDK_2.0_windows_install_en-US.exe.
2. Run OOo-SDK_2.0_windows_install_en-US.exe.
3. Start installing OOo_SDK 2.0.
4. whether accept to the terms in the license agreement.
5. Change path to install. I usually put them to e:\OOo_SDK\ .
6. Installation information confirmed..
7. Copying files.
8. Install completed.
Click Menu Tools->Library Manager.
Click New Library¡ Create new library OOo.
In the table ClassPath, click the button Add Jar/Folder ¡, Select all .jar files in the folder E:\OOo\program\classes\.
In the table Javadoc, add the folders E:\OOo_SDK\docs\common\ref and E:\OOo_sdk\java\ref.
Open the Project of AAOO. For example,it¡¯s in the folder E:\AAOO
NetBeansscanning the project ClassPath.
Now, you are able to modify the code.
There are many ways to run AAOO:
Press F6 to compile and run the main project.
Click the menu Run->Run Main Project to tun the main project.
Click the ¡®Run¡¯ iconin the toolbar to run the main project (see the figure follow).